How Polly describes the Liebster awards - “it's an award made for bloggers by bloggers to raise their profile so that they get the recognition they deserve in the blogging world.” She also thinks I do these personal posts quite well.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site
- Write a post answering the questions you were given
- Nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers for the award (let them know you have done so!) and come up with a set of 10 – 11 questions for them to answer
Let me start with answering the questions from Polly:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
As it is very evident, my blog is nothing short of a food fest. It started off as a very casual hobby to write about the restaurants I visit mainly to let visitors like myself know about a particular brand before they visit. Today it still remains the same and much more!
Two people who inspired me - My sister Lamiya and my husband Husain
- Which one place in the world would you most like to visit and why?
Italy! For the food, the peaceful and carefree life. And to be all by myself!
- If you could have 3 wishes what would they be?
To never stay away from the parents, travel 2 new countries each year and inspire at least one woman with the work I do. One more to the list, see myself on the cover page of a business magazine.
- Hit me up with an inspirational quote to use at the end of one of my blog posts
Love yourself the way you are, body structure is the least important! Trust me, you are never going to be forever happy with your best weight loss too.
- What is the best meal you have ever eaten?
This is the toughest thing I have been asked and what’s my favourite restaurant - it’s hard to narrow down to one, although to name the best meal would have to be Il Teatro at Four Seasons essentially because I was taken care by the Chef himself.
- Whose blog do you read consistently and why?
There is not just one blog that I read daily. All that are nominated below are the ones I follow periodically.
- What's your best 'life hack' or tip?
Live for today and make most of it, worries are endless anyway!
- What's your favourite joke?
I am not fat, you just have more of me to love.
- If you could change one thing that you did in your life, what would it be?
Nothing at all. I have exactly all that I have ever wanted.
- Sunshine or moonlight?
Moonlight for sure.
I don't read too many blogs and, also, I am not on Bloglovin’ - so not aware of the followers each have but these are my favourite blogs and definitely deserve the nomination. Good luck!
I am absolutely biased to Food Blogs more than anything else.
- Farida - Tiny Human
- Kirsty Rice - 4k20s
- Kulsum - Journey Kitchen
- Sara - Lady Sadie’s Emporium
- Christine - Just Kooki
- Vani - The Life of Umm
- Rosalyn - Dream Days
- Polly - Follow Your Sunshine (don't know if I can nominate you back)
- What is your blog about?
- How important is it to be blogging in today’s world?
- How do you inspire yourself on a boring routine?
- What motivates you to keep up with your blog on a writer’s block phase?
- What would you change in your early 20’s if given a chance?
- What is your favourite post?
- Favourite form of social media?
- Favourite travel destination?
- Suggest a new book to read
- What is your favourite quote?
If you are not mentioned in the above list, please feel free to put your answers in the comments below, I always enjoy a good read!
A special thank you to Polly for this beautiful way of giving it back to the blogosphere and all my readers at Hungry Birds Doha.
Happy eating xx