Every weekday from 3 30 pm - 4 30 pm, Nabil Al Nashar conducts a themed drive show and Wednesday is Food & Lifestyle segment. Hungry Birds Doha is a guest with QF Radio talking about all the food news and happenings in Doha, Qatar.
The segment started with a petite discussion about National Cake day and how 26th November should be a national holiday worldwide!
Jokes apart, our topic of the day was an interesting one and definitely one of my favorites - Afternoon Tea.
Afternoon Tea, as the name suggests, is a relaxed early evening indulgence enjoyed with family and friends. Usually, it would be a per person set menu consisting of but not limited to bite-size artistic sandwiches, pastries and scones with clotted cream, butter and jam.
Here are some of the few places I enjoy relishing a good Afternoon Tea:
- Sarab Lounge at St. Regis Doha
- Lobby Lounge at Intercontinental Doha
- Tea Garden (21st Floor) at The Torch Doha
- W Cafe at W Doha
- Tea Lounge at Intercontinental Doha The City
- Duchess Lounge at Governor Suites
- Shisha Garden at La Cigale Hotel - and their gorgeous outdoor ambiance with the bold fountain area. An open to sky Alfresco dining with temperature control makes it possible to have a good evening even in the hotter months. Although the service is questionable, the food is a must try (detailed review to be posted soon)!
- Argan at Al Jasra Boutique Hotel - a great Moroccan find. My first experience was spot on! From the harissa to the marinated olives, harira soup to the lamb couscous; I savored each dish and thought it was ethereal (detailed review to be posted soon).
You can also stream QF Radio online.
Which is your favorite Afternoon Tea hideout? Share with our readers!