Without a doubt, most of you are already tuned into the radio show live. However, I will still go ahead and do a recap each week after the show to summarize what we spoke about in case you miss out on listening to us.
This recap comes in a bit late but as they say “better late than never”.
With the winter season quietly breathing in, discussing Karak (Doha’s favorite hot beverage) would be the best to start with.
For those of you who are unaware of this wonderful drink; it is hot tea with milk and spices inspired from India and Pakistan. The spices could be any one or all from cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, mint. I, personally, like to add a bit of coffee for that strong taste. It is the single most loved beverage in Qatar and if you have spent any more than one week in the country and are still not familiar with Karak, something is wrong for sure :-P!
Some famous spots where you can have Karak -
- Chipati & Karak - Katara Village
- Tea Time - Various locations
- Al Zubarah - Al Wakra
- Baba Chapatea - Al Wakra
- Lili Cafe - Ezdan Mall
Variation of a karak is a newly introduced Karak Ice Blended Tea by The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
Other winter go to places would be
- Pappa Roti at Emadi Financial Square with Alfresco seating. Order a pappa bun, hot drink and you are ready to welcome winters! (Also has a branch in Ezdan Mall and Villagio Mall)
- Empty Cup Coffee at City Center Mall
- Pizza Express has finally opened their doors in Villagio mall shutting their previous location for P F Changs to open in the first quarter of 2015 (I hope - love the dynamite shrimps, do you?)
- There was a brief discussion over some of my restaurant visits in the week - BBQ Grill Night at Baraha in Zubarah Boutique Hotel & Bloggers Event at Red Lobster (click on the names to read the full review now up on the blog).
What are your favorite karak spots? Tell us and the readers in the comments below.