- Their modern ambience with a spacious area complimenting the larger than life attitude of the region.
- The perfect location being - The Lagoona Mall.
- Friendly Staff that are very good with keeping the kids busy while you enjoy your meal.
We started off with a nice freshly baked bread with butter. I like the way it was served to us - a knife inserted in the middle of the bread presented on a wooden board.
Our polite server suggested the following order:
Soup of the day (for the little one)
3 six oz Rib Eye steaks
Soft Drinks - refillable
They provide entertaining kids play sheets with colourful crayons which I landed up playing (fun to be a kid at times).
The Potato Soup (Soup of the day) came in no time. It was an okay Soup. Not much to rave about though I felt it was salty.
A protein side - chicken or shrimp
A potato side - loaded baked potato, mashed Potato or Aussie Fries.
All our steaks were ordered to be medium well and what came was well done. When we asked the server, she immediately accepted the error and was ready to change our steaks. Since they had already taken quite sometime for the initial order, we just left it as is. So, the well done tasted average and lacked seasoning. It was a shame we were not offered any condiments that are regular with a steak. Though we could order a peppercorn sauce which was chargeable, it would be nice to have steak sauce and mustard sauce as part of the table.
One of our sides was chicken which was just edible.
We ordered the Coconut Shrimps as the other side which was nice but Orange Marmalade as the complimenting sauce was a disaster to me. Highly disliked!
The Potato sides dish were a regular. Baked potato was fantastic loaded with sour cream, bacon and chives.
In my opinion, the Aussie Fries was a disguised French Fries for the namesake.
We paid a whopping QR 356 for 3 persons and went home hungry and unsatisfied.
What went wrong:
- The steaks were not upto the mark for a Steakhouse.
- The meal size was too little for what was promised and charged.
- The presentation was ignominious compared to the fast casual setting.
- Our order wasn't executed correctly.
- Their competitors are better in all of the above and offer a better pocket satisfaction.
I would give it 2 out of 5.
Good service though!
Visit Outback Steakhouse on Twitter, Facebook and don't forget to check in on Foursquare
Visit the restaurant, come back and hit a Facebook Like below.