Thirdly, I am not a person who loves to go to The Pearl Qatar and this one time that I went, I was in love. This post talks about the food but more about how my experience was a smooth ride into the Pearl Qatar despite the cycling competition and the road closures.
When I did receive an invite from Karen at Clumsy Chic (in coordination with Harriet from UDC) for myself along with a few other food blogger friends to try out the revamped Isla (previously Pampano), it was an absolute YES! After all, I could use the water taxi. Now I am not saying that I wasn't excited about Isla - food is always the highlight for me. So, off we went to what was going to be the perfect Friday brunch minus the hustle bustle and usual buffet setups and lots of pampering.
- You park at Katara (near the famous pigeon building) take golf cars if you don't want to walk
- The water taxi is at Gate no. 20 (feel free to ask the security guards who are very helpful)
- There is one every 15 - 20 minutes
- Different dhows go to croisette 1 & 30 respectively
- Usually this is chargeable at QR 40 (as per the operators there)
- You can easily grab a golf car to get to your destination at Pearl once you get off the water taxi
- Dhows close at 5 30 pm
Just to make it clear, this wasn't a special ride arranged for us but is available to everyone.
- I love social media which practically takes up most of my day. Please follow me here if not already - Instagram @hungrybirdsdoha & Snapchat @doaajh
- Reading large reviews is kind of getting old school.
Chocoflan - chocolate cake topped with caramel flan candied walnuts and cajeta sauce
Tres Leches - my all time favorite Mexican dessert, perfectly moist with berry compote and coconut crunch
Pastel De Elote - warm corn cake with Vanilla ice cream and English cream and hibiscus caramel
Need I say more?
I would give it a 4 out of 5.
2, La Croisette
The Pearl Qatar
Follow Isla on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to check in on Zomato at your next visit.
You can now follow me on Snapchat and get live updates of the events I attend and what I eat. Add me at @doaajh
Happy eating xx